Re: Fedora core 11. No sound

2009/7/24 Robert Hancock <hancockrwd@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On 07/23/2009 02:46 AM, Dave Pawson wrote:
>>
>> http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=575cc9897100d13b59e2f08b7b5cb50ea49836c5
>>
>> is the info from alsa-info.sh script.
>>
>> I've followed a couple of 'helpful' sites and basically think my sound
>> installation is totally screwed.
>> What I'd *like* is some incremental way of installing packages and
>> checking sound as each bit
>> is setup and working?
>>
>> What I currently see is:
>> from the pulseaudio applet, hit the volume control, and I get
>> 'connection failed' connection refused.
>>
>> running (shell) alsa-mixer instead of an array of controls I'm
>> seeing a single (central) 'IEC958' box, with no controls.
>>
>> any help appreciated.
>>
>> Much discussion on the Fedora forum lists, but nothing that's
>> helped me.
>
> Looks like only the HDMI audio output is being detected. What kind of audio
> outputs does the machine actually have?

It's an Asus p5Q Pro motherboard.
$ cat /proc/asound/cards
 0 [HDMI           ]: HDA-Intel - HDA ATI HDMI
                      HDA ATI HDMI at 0xfe8fc000 irq 17

I'm using the analogue outputs from the back to speakers.

The other 'clue' (weak debug info) is, from the pulseadio applet,
select the 'volume control' and I get the pop up
'connection failed' connection refused.
Though it fails to say what connection or what I can do about it!

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.