Re: Creative Labs SB Audigy LS

I'm trying to run alsa.
(I'm using KDE)
For example, want to play a movie file (movie.avi) with the
video-player. (no sound, picture yes)

aplay /usr/share/sounds/KDE_Beep_Ahem.wav
Playing WAVE '/usr/share/sounds/KDE_Beep_Ahem.wav' : Unsigned 8 bit,
Rate 22254 Hz, Mono

When I run alsaconf, it finds 2 soundcard on the system:
1. my Creative Labs SB Audigy LS
and
2. legacy Probe legacy ISA (non-PnP) chips

is the second one an onboard soundcard?
I didn't know that I have a onboard sound also ?

> Open alsamixer and push up all of the sliders to max
> and make sure that
> everything is not muted. Exactly what slider corresponds to what feature of
> the sound card is a total mess-- it depends on what the sound card
> manufacturer calls the feature, and there is no agreement on that.

I pushed all sliders to max, nothing is muted

Roland