Edirol UA-101: Does record work?

I'm trying to find a way to get audio in over USB for a project, and I
think that the UA-101 might be about the only Linux device that supports
6 or more channels of audio over USB.

As I understand from the kernel comments, there are glitches on playback
but recording works, does this mean all 10 channels work on record?

If record does work, then that would probably be enough to buy the
thing, and I'll sort out playback separately.

Alternatively, if anyone has a better suggestion for a USB audio device
that can do 6 or more channels, I'll go with that.

Cheers,

Phil