Re: Capture w/ M-Audio Fast Track USB?

It helps if you give information about the sound card, not about yourself.

On Sat, 30 May 2009, Michael B Allen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does capture work with the M-Audio Fast Track USB?
>
> My Fedora 9 laptop recognises it when I plug it in and I can get
> output through it but capture does not work.

I do not know what that means or how you know. When you run
alsamixer
and press tab to get to the capture screen, what do you see? Is the slider up?
is the input selected.

> I'm a C programmer and I have a degree in Chemistry but I'm rather
> clueless about where to even start to diagnose this sort of thing.
>
> Can someone give me some advice or a pointer to some documentation
> that explains how the whole ALSA tool chain works wrt external USB
> sound recording?

The documentation is primarily in the code. One of Alsa's weak points has
always been documentation. But is it documentation you want or do you want
your card to work?