Re: (no subject)

Thanks for the reply,

I used the .asoundrc as a basis for my specific problem. I managed to get sound from my tv (hdmi) as well as from my spdif (receiver).
I need to use plug:both to be sure the sampling rates are correct:
      Warning: rate is not accurate (requested = 44100Hz, got = 48000Hz)
           please, try the plug plugin (-Dplug:default)

But now everything is resampled. My receiver is getting my music at 48kHz now (was 44.1kHz).
For my tv this is no problem. But i would like unchanged output on my receiver (spdif). Is this possible? (Maybe i want too much)

My current .asoundrc:

pcm.both {
        type route
        slave {
                pcm multi
                channels 4
        }
        ttable.0.0 1.0
        ttable.1.1 1.0
        ttable.0.2 1.0
        ttable.1.3 1.0
}

pcm.multi {
        type multi
        slaves.a {
                pcm "tv"
                channels 2
        }
        slaves.b {
                pcm "receiver"
                channels 2
        }
        bindings.0.slave a
        bindings.0.channel 0
        bindings.1.slave a
        bindings.1.channel 1
        bindings.2.slave b
        bindings.2.channel 0
        bindings.3.slave b
        bindings.3.channel 1
}

pcm.tv {
        type hw
        card 0
        device 3
        channels 2
}

pcm.receiver {
        type hw
        card 0
        device 1
        channels 2
}---------------------------------------
> From: pmsa4-alsa@xxxxxxxx
> To: alsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 17:30:28 +0200
> Subject: Re:  (no subject)
>
> On Monday 18 May 2009, Johan Bakker wrote:
>
>> The problem is that i cannot output sound to HDMI and SPDIF simultaniously.
>> I tried .asoundrc with the copy and multi plugin but had no luck.
>>
>> Is it possible to play sound on both devices simultaniously?
>
> in principle it should be. Have you tried something like the
> .asoundrc in attach?
>
> (found it somewhere on the 'net, perhaps on the MythTV WiKi or
> something like that).
>
> I have tried a similar config and (as far as I kept the same rate
> on both outputs) it worked. I only had problem trying to resample
> at different rates the different "duplicate" outputs.
>

> Ciao,
> Paolo.
>
> --
> You can still escape from the GATES of hell: Use Linux!

De grappigste filmpjes vind je op MSN Video!
http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=nl-nl