ASUS M3N78-EM Motherboard (NVidia + ALC1200) - HDMI Audio not working

I created a posting at Ubuntu Forums several days ago here:
<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1147977>

I cannot get the HDMI audio to work with my ASUS M3N78-EM motherboard!  I've tried just about anything and everything I can think of/find on the net.  Can anyone suggest any other ideas?

I've tried the latest alsa drivers/utils/plugins/libs (1.0.20), checked the mixers, played with asound.conf files and alsa conf file, etc, etc (ALL of the common fixes, I've tried).  I did notice that there is not ALC1200 in the ALSA-Configurations.txt file that lists which hda-intel model's to load.  I've tried "auto" as well as a number of others without success and I've tried the probe_mask values as well.

HDMI is enabled in the bios and I have th latest bios.  I've tried Xubuntu and Ubuntu (32 and 64 bit versions), and I know the TV and HDMI cable are fine as I've used the same cable/TV with a DVD player and had the video and sound working great.

The video DOES work.  Please see the thread referenced above for other methods I've tried and some more information on my system.  I've been trying to get this working for more than a week now and it is driving me crazy!  The analog video can work just fine, and someone else in the thread with the same motherboard seemed to get it working pretty easily.

Thanks!