Re: No internal mic nor hdmi

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009, João Mamede wrote:

On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 11:08 -0700, Bill Unruh wrote:
On Thu, 23 Apr 2009, João Mamede wrote:

Follow up: I now tried internal mic vs external mic and hdmi output
according to different model= options
I have external mic inputing sound with: fujitsu, benq, benq-t3, hippo
hippo_1 , sony  and lenovo-3000
I have digital option "IEC958" in alsamixer with : fujitsu, hippo
hippo_1 however NO SOUND goes through hdmi to TV.
None of the options inputs any sound from internal microphones(I have
two holes in the chassis saying "mic").
with all the others I can only output sound.

Look at alsamixer and make sure that all of the capture sliders are up.
(You might as well make sure that all of the sliders are up) on the capture
page.

They are. I always have "Capture" "Capture1" and "Capture2" in Recording
tab. they are always up and with red "Capture" on them.

Red? Which mixer are you using? I am suggesting that you use the program
alsamixer
Sometimes it seems that what the various mixer's reports are not consistant. You also do not say what "does not work" means. What are you using to test the
microphones?  Is that program using alsa or oss?

Any way to get both internal mic and hdmi working?

Cheers
João