Re: Fix Skype on headphones sound only on one ear

Forgot the attachment, sorry

------- Forwarded message -------
From: "Christian Asseburg" <christian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "alsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <alsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  Fix Skype on headphones sound only on one ear
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 14:56:56 +0200

Dear HoverHell, thanks for the idea.

I don't have .asoundrc in my home directory. Do you think I can just
create it and the system will find it?

Also, I'm not sure how I would specify the device. I'm using hw:default,0
for the Skype sound output, it is not the default device. (Which sounds
stupid, seeing that it's called "hw:default", but when I do not specify a
device I get the laptop soundcard, not this one.)

Could you have a look at the attached information and confirm how I have
to clarify in .asoundrc that I mean the hw:default,0 device? Thank you!

With best wishes -

. . . Christian