Re: JACK doesn't find ALSA

On Friday 17 April 2009 16:08, MG wrote:
> Can you help please maybe ALSA is in the wrong dir but thought comes with
> Ubuntu 2.6????!!!!!!:
>
> Checking for program g++                 : ok /usr/bin/g++
> Checking for compiler version            : ok 4.3.2
> Checking for program cpp                 : ok /usr/bin/cpp
> Checking for program ar                  : ok /usr/bin/ar
> Checking for program ranlib              : ok /usr/bin/ranlib
> Checking for g++                         : ok
> Checking for program gcc                 : ok /usr/bin/gcc
> Checking for compiler version            : ok 4.3.2
> Checking for program ar                  : ok /usr/bin/ar
> Checking for program ranlib              : ok /usr/bin/ranlib
> Checking for gcc                         : ok
> Checking for header samplerate.h         : not found
> Checking for alsa >= 1.0.0               : Package "alsa (>= 1.0.0)" could
> not be found or the found version is too old.
> Checking for libfreebob >= 1.0.0         : Package "libfreebob (>= 1.0.0)"
> could not be found or the found version is too old.
> Checking for libffado >= 1.999.17        : Package "libffado (>= 1.999.17)"
> could not be found or the found version is too old.
> Checking for header sndfile.h            : not found
> Checking for header ncurses.h            : ok
> Checking for library readline            : not found
>
> ==================
> JACK 1.9.2 exported from r3454M
> Build with a maximum of 64 JACK clients
> Build with a maximum of 1024 ports
> Install prefix                           : /usr/local
> Library directory                        : /usr/local/lib/
> Drivers directory                        : /usr/local/lib/jack
> Build doxygen documentation              : no
> Build with engine profiling              : no
> Build with ALSA support                  : no
> Build with FireWire (FreeBob) support    : no
> Build with FireWire (FFADO) support      : no
> Build D-Bus JACK (jackdbus)              : no

It appears you are missing some development packages. I'm still unsure on
which version of Ubuntu you are using. You say Ubuntu 2.6, but what is that?

Anyway. I'm looking on Ubuntu Intrepid 8.10, and in that, the packages you
need to install are as below.

libasound2-dev
libsamplerate0-dev
libsndfile1-dev

If you are using a different version of Ubuntu, open synaptic, and check that
the package names are the same.

I don't know why you are building jack from a source tarball, as both jackd,
and qjackctl (the gui for jack, and midi settings) are available from the
repo's, but of course it's your choice.

Have you got the sounds working yet on your Extigy card?

All the best.

Nigel.