Re: Can't open Asus Xonar D1 PCM output 6-channel in non-interleaved mode

Clemens Ladisch <cladisch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote :

> This chip, like pratically every other sound chip, supports only
> interleaved samples.

Hi Clemens,

   Many thanks for the reply. I gave myself false hope by having non-interleaved access work in 2-channel mode on a couple of on-board sound chips, and expected that multi-channel non-interleaved support might be as prevalent.

   If it's hardware I think I'll re-write the app for interleaved mode so the driver doesn't have to do any transmogrification - should save a few processor cycles  :o)

All the best,
--
Olly

Sent using funkster.org webmail service