Re: Dell 1525 and it's microphone

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 9:30 AM, <alexander@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everyone.

Excuse my English and excuse if it's a common subject.

I was searching for days at internet and I found nothing that could help me.

So... I have a laptop Dell Inspiron 1525 (those colored).

Everything works fine with my sound despite my microphone.

In fact the "inside" microphone (that one that don't require nothing
to be plugged, its just inside de computer) works fine.

My problem is when I connect a external microphone.

Nothing happens, I've tried all mixer configurations and... no
capturing, no noise, nothing, just absolutely silence.

I've searched at Alsa-project and have tried some configurations, but
nothing had worked for me.

So, if someone could help me...

This is how I fixed mine:

http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2009-February/014980.html