Re: midi not working

So it's not an RT kernel?
If yes, you should switch to 2.6.29 or downgrade to 2.6.26 in order to apply the one of the patches found on http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/
Midi well known issues have been fixed in 2.6.26 -rt kernels.

2009/3/5 Tony Smolar <tsmolars@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Greetings,

Ever since I upgraded to Fedora 8,  I haven't been able to use either an
external synth or the wavetable on my SBlive card with either aplaymidi
or kmid.  At most, they play 1 note.    However, amidi seems to work for
sending/receiving raw midi.

kernel is 2.6.26.8-57,   alsa-lib is 1.0.16
I've tried using a newer kernel and alsa-lib 1.0.17, but neither helped.

I don't see any obvious errors in the logs or dmesg either.

I also searched this mailing list,  I found some reporting a similar
problem.   One was due to a conflict with the chrony daemon.   I'm not
running that.

I'm stumped.   Any ideas?    Let me know what other information I can send.

Thanks
Anthony Smolar