Re: USB audio adapters

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009, peasthope@xxxxxxx wrote:

> ... range in price from a few dollars on eBay
> to about $50 for a genuine Griffin iMic.
>
> Can anyone comment about support in Linux?

IF they comply with the usb sound standards, then they are supported in Linux.
If they do not, then they may or may not be supported (since the writers have
tried to put in kludges to help with some devices.) Other than some such
blanket statement noone can answer your question.

> Will all of these devices yield sound in and out?

I have a stock in an unmentioned company which I want to sell you. Will it
grow in value?

> Is the price of the Griffin consistent with sound quality?

Price and quality usually go together.

The Maudio Transit has very good sound sound quality, but you did not ask
about it.