undefined symbols in alsa-driver-1.0.19?

Hi,

I would like to know if anyone can help me with this little problem I have:

I have compiled a 64bit CLFS system, using latest kernel 2.6.28.6 and I wanted to try
the latest ALSA packages, the first package in the list (alsa-lib-1.0.19) goes fine, but when
I try to compile the next package (alsa-driver-1.0.19) I get 2 warnings in the compilation:

WARNING: "unregister_sound_special" [/home/lydianknight/sources/alsa-driver-1.0.19/acore/snd.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "register_sound_special_device" [/home/lydianknight/sources/alsa-driver-1.0.19/acore/snd.ko] undefined!

Other than that, the compilation goes fine and the modules get created, so I proceed to do 'make install' as root and
even perform depmod -a (some sites I have read on the internet suggested depmod -ae so I also tried) but when I
reboot I get some errors in the dmesg output about unknown symbols.

As my machine is a Shuttle SN78SH7 barebone, it has 2 devices:

- NVIDIA HDMI (snd-hda-nvhdmi)
- Realtek ALC888DD (recognized by the kernel as unknown model 883, snd-hda-realtek)

The system works OK with just the in-kernel sources for ALSA, so I don't really need to use the latest package, but
I just wanted to try it, is there something wrong with the kernel, or maybe the sources?

The other question I would like to make is a bit more 'exotic'... Is it possible to merge the actual sources of the
alsa-driver-1.0.19 package with the kernel sources? I mean... the kernel sources have the 1.0.18rc3 driver version,
and as I said it works OK, not a real need to try the merge but... is it doable? Is there any way to do it?

Thanks in advance,
Julio