anyone using the M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R (or any other 8in 8 out USB device)

Hi All

I'm looking to move over to a device that I can use with both my linux desktop
and a 2nd hand powerbook i bought recently. I have been more focussed on FFADO
compatible as from what I understand I am more likely to get latency issues on a
USB device...

However, I have been using my M-Audio Delta 1010 for years now and have been very
happy with the audio quality and latency performance. This looks like a USB
version but with preamps (which I don't need)

Can anyone relate their experience and also post back what sort of latency
results you are getting preferably on an Ardour based setup?

Also, I run 16 MIDI ins and outs via USB and also 2 controller devices..I'm sure
I have a spare BUS, but should I really keep this away and on Firewire for best
results??

cheers

Allan