ALC262 & surround channels?

I've got a Zepto A15 laptop with, I think, an ALC262/Intel-HDA codec
built in, with two 3.5mm jacks labelled as headphone and microphone,
plus integral speakers and supposedly optical SPDIF output.  According
to the ALC262 data sheet, this sound chip, like many others, is capable
of reconfiguring all of its analogue pins as inputs or outputs, so
(assuming no incompatible circuitry between the jack and the IC, which
I've sent Zepto an email asking about) it should, it seems to me, be
possible to use the microphone jack as a second stereo output jack -
what I'd like to do is use the two jacks together to get 4.0 surround
output.  Unfortunately, unlike the last machine I used this arrangement
on successfully (using a CMI8738), alsamixer doesn't have any options to
switch between input and output modes on the jack sockets.  Can anyone
tell me whether or not the ALC262 can, in fact, be used this way,
whether its current ALSA driver would support it, and if so, how to
configure it?  Failing that, if the chip is capable but the driver
currently isn't, should I request the addition of this capability on
alsa-devel or look into modifying the driver myself?

Thanks.

Tom McEwan