Onkyo SE-200PCI : What can the first pair of RCA output do?

 Hi,

 I am running on Fedora 9 / Alsa 1.0.18a. I have tried
 to play 24bits 6ch PCM file on Onkyo SE-200PCI and the
 6ch output from VGA-like connector are very good.

 Thanks for the good work!

 I would like to know what is the intention for the
 first pair of RCA output? Apparently, I am able to get
  the first two channels out of the 6 channels audio
 file when I play through plug:surround51, but the
 remaining four channels were not able to get heard.

 Could alsamixer or any asound.rc options can make
 Onkyo SE-200PCI to produce a downmix of 6ch on the
 first pair of RCA output? Can this be done through the
 hardware chips themselves, or any asound.rc options
 can make this work?

 Or could it be, the first pair of RCA output is really
 hardwired, like ice1712/se.c has suggested because of
 WM8740 chip, to always give an exact copy of the first
 2 channels out of the 6 channels playback?

 Thanks.