enemy territory and rtcw high pitched tone

Hello!

I have an Audiotrack Prodigy 7.1 HiFi Soundcard running fine with the
fairly new prodigi_hifi.c implementation.

There are tweaks floating around to avoid

------- sound initialization -------
/dev/dsp: Input/output error
Could not mmap /dev/dsp
------------------------------------

regarding catting stuff onto /proc/aound/* pseudo files. This works on
my computer also.

But the sound is playing at some sort of double speed, shooting and the
speech of the figures have high pitched mickey-mouse voice.

As if 22kHz samples are played with 44kHz.

Could somebody point me to the direction where a mechanism is failing?
Or os the game forcing a mode the prodigy_hifi.c driver might not have
yet?

On my sb128 it works fine, may be I can pimp the other driver also but I
need a tiny bit to know what to search for.

Kind regards, Konsti

--
GPG KeyID EF62FCEF
Fingerprint: 13C9 B16B 9844 EC15 CC2E  A080 1E69 3FDA EF62 FCEF