Re: intel motherboard ADAT output supported in alsa ?

Yes I am sure dp35dp and some other current intel media series
motherboard do have ADAT output possibility thanks to their sigmatel/IDT
codec with can do SPDIF or ADAT at choice :
www.simplifidigital.com/shopsimplifi/amplifiers-adat-input-amplifiers-c-2_7.html

The codec datasheet has a lot of data for the driver developpers : SPDIF
to ADAT mode output is explained. But being an idiot-user I can not see
if it is implemented in alsa just by reading the driver.
(that is I would like an answer from a developper or someone looking at
the codec datasheet and alsa driver).

I should not have mentioned HTPC as it introduced some confusion.
You are right I am not doing HTPC : I do high end 4way stereo :
8 channel pcm at 24bit/44k100hz (from the PC doing active crossover with
brutefir) to a 4 way stereo DAC with optorec chip ; optically isolated
from the pc.

So ADAT and these intel motherboard are perfect for me as long as :
-44100 is cleanly supported in HDaudio (no 48000hz resampling like
creative soundcards), which I do not know.
-The sigmatel codec alsa driver support all the STAC927x functions
including at least the SPDIF to ADAT output switch and maybe more...

PS: An rme9652 does perfectly ADAT in alsa but they are too expensive
and have many functions I would not use (inputs for recording, clock
slaving, midi...). I only need clean playback.
Thank you, Eric