Problems with M3A32-MVP on-board sound

Hi,

I am trying to get the on-board sound from an ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe Series motherboard with Mandriva 2009 to work with my speaker system which comrises 4 small speakers and one large speaker - the connections from which are one green wire labelled F and one black wire labelled B (sorry, I don't know the terminology!). The on-board sound has six jacks at the back which are coloured orange, black, blue, green, pink and grey.

The version of ALSA installed by Mandriva is 1.0.18 and it chooses snd-hda-intel as the driver but I only get fairly quiet treble from the four small speakers and nothing from the large one.

Is there a particular model I should pass in to snd_hda_intel or is this hardware not supported yet? I tried searching for the sub-device ID 0x8288 (sub vendor ID: 0x1043) but came up with nothing.

I'd be happy to try to supply any information you might need.

Thanks.

Paul