ESI Juli@ (ice1724) and master volume

Hello, list.

Happy New Year and thanks for the good work to those maintaining the
ice1724 sound module! I am using ALSA version, which comes with
my distro (1.0.16). When I replaced my old SBLive! with Juli@, things
basically just worked, because I'm employing playback only. However, I
was surprised to see, that the master volume control has gone. There
are distinct DAC0 and DAC1 mono controls in the alsamixer, which map to
the left and right channel respectively. Compared to the former SBLive
card, which produced the volume as a hardware multitude of 3 stereo
sliders (PCM0, PCM1 and Master), that's a bit unconvenient.

I've been advised to try the "softvol" trick, it's still on the list of
my options. However, I'd prefer to find out first, if simpler approaches
are possible. First, does the card really lack the "master" control?
And if so, is it possible to map somehow two existing mono sliders
into one stereo "Master" thing? Is it possible to bind one of the
mono sliders to another, so one of them always follows another? I hope
it's not too difficult. Any advices are appreciated.