Re: ice1712 error

Hello Dominique,

I´ve tried http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/TroubleShooting
and I found a problem (driver version and lib version doesn´t match).
Additionally I tried to run aadebug. I found the script here:
http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Aadebug
If I execute it it stops at line 36:

"if [ -f /etc/modprobe.conf ] ; then
    egrep '(sound|snd)' /etc/modprobe.conf
elif [ -f /etc/modules.conf ] ; then
    egrep '(sound|snd)' /etc/modules.conf
else
    echo "Warning: module config file does not exist"
    echo "This means any kernel modules will not be auto loaded"
    echo "See your linux distro docs on how to create this file"
fi"
I assume I don´t have a modules.conf? How can I check it and how can I create one?

Sincerely
Thomas

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 18:36:52 +0000
> Von: Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@xxxxxxxxx>
> An: "lists.sourceforge.net" <alsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Betreff: Re:  ice1712 error

> Le Fri, 19 Dec 2008 14:37:04 +0100,
> "Thomas  Röhm" <que_pasa70@xxxxxx> a écrit :
>
> > Hello again,
> >
> > if I´m replying to your message from the list,
> > why "your" private email is in "send to" instead of
> > "alsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"??
> >
> Allready answered.
>
> > Concering your hint..there´s just on soundcard in the system.
> > I neither have a USB webcam. Where are the list of soundcards to have a
> look?
> > I´m not that long working on Linux...
> >
> > I mean I´m happy with my solution to restart alsasound but if there´s
> > better way I´ll take the better way :-)
> >
> > Cheers
> > Thomas
> >

> You can try to follow this:
> http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/TroubleShooting
>
> The first thing to do is to run aadebug when the sound is working and when
> the
> sound is not working, and to compare the results. If you don't understand
> or
> are lost, fell free to copy and paste the result on the list.
>
> Ciao,
> Dominique
>

> > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> > > Datum: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 12:31:04 +0000
> > > Von: Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@xxxxxxxxx>
> > > An: "lists.sourceforge.net" <alsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > > Betreff: Re:  ice1712 error

> change
> > > the

> compare
> > > with
> Maybe
> > > that

> cause
> alsa

> with
> > > the
> modules
> > > will

> > > know

> > > If you must restart alsasound in order to get the sound to work, that
> mean
> > > 2
> > > things:
> > >
> > > 1) Your alsa config is OK, but it doesnt hurt to double check it.
> > > 2) You have multiple sound cards, udev start some of them before
> > > alsasound and you don't get the correct order of the sound card. A
> typical
> > > case
> > > is when you have an USB webcam which mic that is launched by udev at
> boot.
> > > It
> > > become the first and defaut sound card. And alsasound can do nothing
> about
> > > this
> > > with a normal start.
> > >
> > > A better solution than to restart alsasound is to blacklist the module
> > > that
> [...]

Sensationsangebot verlängert: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K1308T4569a