Re: Creating a "software speakerphone" in ALSA

On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 14:48:15 +0100 (CET)
Julien Claassen <julien@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi!
>    Here's an idea. Does your headset use ALSA as well? I've never worked with
> one, so I don't know.
>    If so, why not use your .asoundrc or asound.conf to create a device, that
> talks to both your speakers and your headset? Of course it will always use
> both resources then, but it's still worth considering.
>    Kindest regards
>            Julien
>
> --------
> Music was my first love and it will be my last (John Miles)
>
> ======== FIND MY WEB-PROJECT AT: ========
> http://ltsb.sourceforge.net
> the Linux TextBased Studio guide
> ======= AND MY PERSONAL PAGES AT: =======
> http://www.juliencoder.de

I was thinking more or less along the same lines.

The problem/point is how to dynamically disable/reenable the speakers.

Simply using the mixer ?

And when the OP wants sound to go to speakers, but not to headphones, then
to disable headphones again using the mixer ?

What indeed would be desirable is a patchbay which is sound system integral
part ...

Regards,
  Sergei.