spdif mute

Hi
I have a strange problem and coudn't find any help so far:

Every time I start an audio stream, alsa is muting spdif (only spdif)
on my soundblaster card. In Amarok I can play the whole playlist
without muting. But if I click on a song in the playlist, spdif gets
muted. If I run alsactl restore spdif gets activ again (also true for
mpg321, mplayer, etc)

With alsactl store -f - I found that the follwing values are changed
if I start a new audio stream:
Correct values (spdif activ):
        control.113 {
                comment.access 'read write'
                comment.type INTEGER
                comment.count 12
                comment.range '0 - 255'
                iface PCM
                name 'EMU10K1 PCM Send Volume'
                value.0 255
                value.1 255
                value.2 255
                value.3 255
                value.4 255
                value.5 255
                value.6 255
                value.7 255
                value.8 255
                value.9 255
                value.10 255
                value.11 255
        }
And after a new stream is startet (spdif inactiv):
        control.113 {
                comment.access 'read write'
                comment.type INTEGER
                comment.count 12
                comment.range '0 - 255'
                iface PCM
                name 'EMU10K1 PCM Send Volume'
                value.0 255
                value.1 255
                value.2 0
                value.3 0
                value.4 255
                value.5 0
                value.6 0
                value.7 0
                value.8 0
                value.9 255
                value.10 0
                value.11 0
        }
Do you have any idea what's causing the mute action everytime I start
a new audiosream?

I'm using:
Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1 (rev 07)
Gentoo 2008 amd64
Kernel linux-2.6.25-gentoo-r7

Thanks for your help!
Cheers