Re: M-Audio Fast Track Pro compatibility

So it is really acting like the card has only two playback ports and
no inputs ports? Is this the device?
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/393375-REG/M_Audio_9900_51076_00_Fast_Track_Pro_USB.html#specifications

Yep, that is the device.  I think alsa recognizes it as two separate usb-sound devices since 4in/4out does not seem to be a standard-compliant configuration.

Almost certainly the driver is setting this limit. If no one here has
any ideas you might file a bug report in the Alsa bugzilla.

I can actually use the device as an input device, but I tested it only in Audacity (no jack backend, just analogue input).

All my effort googling around was also ineffective. I'll wait a couple of days and then report a bug. Anyway, thank you for the advice

- Mark

--
Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
Engenharia de Computação - Coop8

"Free software is defined as software that respects four fundamental freedoms: (0) freedom to run the software as you wish, (1) freedom to study the source code and modify it to do what you wish, (2) freedom to make and redistribute copies, and (3) freedom to publish modified versions." Richard Stallman

"Não importa como morre o home, importa como vive." Carijó, velho do rio.