Re: Dell studio 1535 (HDA-Intel 82801H ICH8 Family)

On Fri 14 Nov 16:45 2008 marioquark@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> i noticed many users have problems with my notebook:
>
> 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio
> Controller (rev 04)
> 01:00.1 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc RV620 Audio device [Radeon HD
> 34xx Series]
>
> my card doesn't record sounds at all and playback is enabled only on 1
> jack of 2.
> i also noticed alsa project site doesn't show ICH8 family on "supported
> cards", only ICH7...
>
> i would know if this chip will be supported and if there's a workaround
> to get it working.
>
> thanks
> quark

that is my exact problem, the same laptop, my lspci output is
01:00.1 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc Device aa28
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 04)
this dude claims that he managed to make it work, I've mailed him but he didn't replayed.
http://www.avalpa.com/assets/andrea/studio15/debian_on_dell_studio15.html

what version of kernel and alsa you use?