Re: alsamixer can't get the right audio card in default para

Jiang Wei wrote:
> hi, all
>      I am using the alsamixer command line(v1.0.17)  in ubuntu
> intrepid beta.
>      If using the command "# alsamixer" without any parameters, it
> outputs as following:
>
> Card: PulseAudio
> Chip: PulseAudio
>      and only one bar shows up(the hardware is multi-channels). If
> using the command "# alsamixer -c 0", everything is ok:
>
> Card: HDA Intel
> Chip: Realtek ALC889A
>      So it seems different about whether using "-c 0" or not. But the
> manual says the default card_id is 0.("Cards are numbered from 0 (the
> default).") .The v1.0.14 and v1.0.18 have no such problem.
>      Could anyone tell me the reason? Is it a bug?

It's not a bug; the default is PulseAudio, not card zero despite what
the manual says.   On my system the file /etc/alsa/pulse-default.conf is
responsible for making pulse the default device -- yours may be
different as I'm not running ubuntu.

jch