Can't play sound two USB audio device at the same time

Hi All,

OS: 8.04
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.16
Compiled on Apr 21 2008 for kernel 2.6.24-16-generic (SMP)

I have two USB audio device as follow:
0 [default_1      ]: USB-Audio - C-Media USB Headphone Set
                      C-Media USB Headphone Set   at
usb-0000:00:11.3-2.2, full speed
 1 [default        ]: USB-Audio - C-Media USB Headphone Set
                      C-Media USB Headphone Set   at
usb-0000:00:11.3-1.2, full speed
 2 [UART           ]: MPU-401 UART - MPU-401 UART
                      MPU-401 UART at 0x330, irq 10

The problem I have is I can't play two audio devices at the same time.

Sound works if I run following commands on each device at a time:

$ speaker-test -Dplughw:0 -t wav  (works)

then

$ speaker-test -Dplughw:1 -t wav  (works)

But, if I run this commands at the same time from two terminal programs,
I got following error on second command:

root@test1-desktop:~# speaker-test -Dplughw:1 -t wav

speaker-test 1.0.15

Playback device is plughw:1
Stream parameters are 48000Hz, S16_LE, 1 channels
WAV file(s)
Rate set to 48000Hz (requested 48000Hz)
Buffer size range from 96 to 262144
Period size range from 48 to 131072
Using max buffer size 262144
Periods = 4
was set period_size = 65536
was set buffer_size = 262144
Unable to set hw params for playback: Broken pipe
Setting of hwparams failed: Broken pipe

It always fails on second command.

Is it known problem?  Anyone knows how to fix this?

Jason