Retask alc880 line-out to be coaxial SPDIF-out

Hi,

I have been using the optical SPDIF from my MSI Speedster A4R
motherboard successfully of some time. Unfortunately, I now want to get
a coaxial SPDIF output from the motherboard and there isn't a RCA jack
on the back on the board. Currently, I am just outputing analog stereo
sound.

>From searching on the internet it looks like it should be possible to
retask one of the 3.5mm jacks to output the SPDIF information but I
haven't been able to work out how to do this so far. If I could retask a
jack then I could use a 3.5mm to RCA cable to plug it in to my stereo
which I did years ago with the es1370 driver.

Currently I am loading the snd-hda-intel module with the 5stack-digout
option to get the optical SPDIF working. Is retasking the line-out jack
for digital output possible?

There is also a JAUD1 jack on the board which isn't in the manual. I
think this is a front audio panel connector and I don't think that I can
get SPDIF from this. Someone who knows more may be able to correct me
there though.

Some info:

$ lspci:
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High
Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)

$ aplay -l
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC880 Analog [ALC880 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: ALC880 Digital [ALC880 Digital]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: pcsp [pcsp], device 0: pcspeaker [pcsp]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

$ aplay -L
default:CARD=Intel
HDA Intel, ALC880 Analog
Default Audio Device
front:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC880 Analog
        Front speakers
surround40:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC880 Analog
surround41:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC880 Analog
surround50:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC880 Analog
surround51:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC880 Analog
surround71:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC880 Analog
null
default:CARD=CX8811
    Conexant CX8811, CX88 Digital Default Audio Device

Modprobe options:
options snd-hda-intel index=0 model=5stack-digout

Alsamixer version:
AlsaMixer v1.0.16 from debian testing

Link to Speedster manual:
http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=manual&maincat_no=1&prod_no=243

Any advice on getting a coaxial digital audio output from this board
would be very gratefully received.

Glyn