ALC888 Static/Stutter Problem

I've got a 64bit Fedora 9 system with a Biostar TForce TF8200 A2+
motherboard which has a Realtek ALC888 audio chipset on it.

Sound "kind-of" works, but often sound is very choppy or stuttery.

Alsa-info is here:
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=4205acb86abeb1c30be9a37494f09706137a3da0

Is there an option to the snd-hda-intel driver which may help?

Googling and searching for people with similar issues haven't turned
up any, except for this post which indicates that the latest version
of Alsa may help, but I'd rather stay away from compiling the latest
from source unless it's absolutely necessary as then I have to
recompile for every kernel upgrade.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.user/31206/match=static

Thanks

-Dave