Re: strange mixer with Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 hifi

 Hi,

so i'm replying to my own message

 Frank Zacharias wrote:
> The problem starts when i try to play with the mixer levels. Alsamixer (and amixer) works without
> complaining but strange things happen. Master Volume and most other sliders can be changed but
> the output level stays the same. If i set it to 50% and hit the mute button the slider jumps to
> 100% again. Some sliders (e.g. Line,Aux) have a special behaviour: if i pull the slider from 35%
> to 39% the rear speakers are away (muted, no sound) and if i pull it further to 45% they are back.
> The "multi track peak" sliders (what they are for?) behave strange too, they jump all randomly
> if i changed on of them.

After loading snd-ice1724 with model=prodigy71hifi it works better now. :)
Changing sliders alters volume levels on all (analog) channels, except
rear output which is much more quiet then the rest. The rear speakers
are connected to an amplifier and i have to set the slider in alsamixer
to 100% and the volume on the amp to near max to hear something.
The purpose of the multi track peak is clear now because of a entry in
the bugtracker (#0001090).
But there are more things that bug me. For example no mute buttons
anymore compared to the mixer with model=prodigy71.

regards, frank

--
Since light travels faster than sound, most people
appear bright until you hear them speak. [Anonymous]