Re: New alsa user, the adventure so far (please help!)

No idea about your hardware, but the claim is that alsa simply reports to
the user what the hardware reports to it. If the hardware says that a
certain control is PCM, then PCM it is. If the hardware reports a Master
Volume, then that is what you get.
On windows, the driver might well report something different from what the
hardware reports (ie Maudio's software people and hardware people not
talking to each other-- it would not surprize me, since maudio seems to
regard everything as proprietaty, including their own name, so they will
not disclose it to anyone.:-)