Erik J. Final Unresolved

OK. you put in a new sound card and it works.  I guess that means that you
won't be trying to get
the on-board sound to work.  I almost did the same thing, then at the last
moment I got it working.
Some of those on-board sound setups can be hard to get working because they
could have put
anything in the hardware and expect everyone to use their supplied windows
drivers to use it.

I wont be looking at that ASUS web page unless I have to since those manf.
web pages give this old browser trouble.
I trust then that ASUS says that the motherboard has the CMEDIA mixer that
ALSA is reporting ???

If it is the exact same mixer that ALSA reports then there is something
wrong with the ALSA mixer driver.  I do not
think they intended to release a mixer driver that displays a volume control
that does not work.

C-Media Electronics CMI9761A+
Unresolved problem with Master Volume control having no effect.

Wesley Johnson,  Linux user since 1994

--- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! -- http://www.usfamily.net/mkt-freepromo.html ---