SB Audigy 4 Pro - Wrong channel labels

Hello,

I own this SB Audigy 4 Pro for about 2 years now. It is working, but to a certain degree. Let me list my two big problems.

- The volume knob and the CMSS button on the control box don't work at all. The Mic volume knob works though.

- The control box has 3 Line inputs. Only "Line 1 input" works somewhat properly. In the alsamixer the "Line 2 slider" controls the actual "Line 1 input". The "analog mix slider" controls "Line 2 input" but it gives very weak volume even at max. The "Line 3 slider" doesn't do anything. I couldn't manage to get any sound out of the actual "Line 3 input".

I would be very happy if I could use more than 1 Line input channels when I am recording music.

Right now I am using Fedora 9 with alsa-lib-1.0.16-3.fc9.x86_64.rpm
But I have had this problem since probably alsa-lib-1.0.4(?)

I have basic C/C++ knowledge. I can edit the driver files and test different settings. I just need to be guided in the right direction. Where are the channels defined and where can I find out the channel addresses so I can match them correctly? Is it going to be trial and error?

Thanks a lot!
Orcan