terratec phase 28 capturing

Hi.
I succeed to record through digital device of this card.
I used this .asoundrc:
(almost the same as the one for 5.1 setup described into ice1724 wiki page):

# 8 channel dmix:

pcm.dmix8 {

     type dmix

        ipc_key 1024

        ipc_key_add_uid false

        ipc_perm 0660

        slave {

                pcm "hw:0,0"

                rate 48000

                channels 8

                period_time 0

                period_size 1024

                buffer_time 0

                buffer_size 5120

        }

     }

# upmixing: (I added two channels)
pcm.ch71dup {

        type route

        slave.pcm dmix8

        slave.channels 8

        ttable.0.0 1

        ttable.1.1 1

        ttable.0.2 1

        ttable.1.3 1

        ttable.0.4 1

        ttable.1.5 1

        ttable.0.6 1

        ttable.1.7 1

   }

pcm.duplex {

     type asym

     playback.pcm "ch71dup" # upmix first

     capture.pcm "hw:0,0"

}

#I tried to did a second device for digital input
pcm.duplex1 {

     type asym

     playback.pcm "ch71dup" # upmix first

     capture.pcm "hw:0,1"

}

# change default device:

pcm.!default {

     type plug

     slave.pcm "duplex"

}

# for aoss

pcm.dsp "duplex"

pcm.dsp1 "duplex"

I obtained the followind results, using slack12 with built in alsa and audacity,
in kde using realtime priority of arts:
- I can record (as said before) from digital input (using duplex1 or the device
hw:0,1 itself as listed by audacity);
- I can record from digital input while listening to side channels a previously
recorded track (using duplex1 or duplex as my output device);
- I managed to reach only 30 ms setting from audacity; setting a lower rate I
couldn't record while playing another track;

Unfortunately I still have this problems:
- in slack 12 I can't raise input volume through alsamixer; I push the arrow
keys, but it remains stuck to 0 or raises randomly;
- in JAD 1.0 (jacklab) I can raise input volume (multichannel input) normally
(it has alsamixer 1.0.13);
- I tried to record something with my guitar using analog inputs; both in slack
and in JAD I record only silence, even though the VU meter says that there's an
high signal;
- the signal registered by VU meter seems to be noise, because it is always
at the same level; that is, it is not the
sound of my guitar playing that causes that signal.

At the end:
1) Is there a way to set input volume of a device directly from .asoundrc?
2) Since the digital input works also without any .asoundrc, is it possible
that digital input causes in some way the malfunctioning of the analog
input?

Thanks a lot for any answer and help.

Bye

Sim