Re: hd 2600pro hdmi card trying to use hdmi

Johan Stenehall wrote:
> Sound works in some programs and not in other. "Soundcard" is an ati
> radeon hd 2600pro graphic card with built in 5.1 sound, connected to
> my surround receiver using a hdmi cable. Running Ubuntu 8.04. As I've
> understood it should use the snd-hda-intel for sound and everything
> seems to be setup correctly. I have no idea of how much information to
> include so I include what I can. Hope I've done this correct. If the
> mail is wrong in anyway please forgive me, I'm new to mailinglists.

You did just fine.

[snip]
> Uppspelningsenhet är default
> Strömparametrar är 48000 Hz, S16_LE, 2 kanaler
> WAV-fil(er)
> ALSA lib pcm.c:2106:(snd_pcm_open_conf) Cannot open shared library
> /usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so
It appears that you are using pulseaudio.  Try disabling it and
rerunning your
tests.  This would be consistent with the errors above as well.  When pulse
runs it takes over the sound device and it is unavailable for other uses.
And it could be the pulse aware programs that work, the not pulse aware
that don't.

Worth a try at least.  Don't see anything else obviously wrong.