Re: RtApiAlsa: overrun detected

Hi,

you get buffer under- and/or overruns if your system has trouble with the performance required for the current audio settings.

I would recommend to shut down any other process and check whether this buffer problem remains or increase the buffer size if you have the possibility.

HTH

-- A l e x

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 10:30:24 +0700
> Von: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <cbroueriusvannidek@xxxxxxxxx>
> An: alsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Betreff:  RtApiAlsa: overrun detected

> New to this list because I have a problem from which I think that Alsa has
> something has to with. Hope to get some information here.
> Running Opensuse 10.3 with an absolute minimum of memory (128M on a P
> III).
> When I start Skype with some advanced methods to get the webcam running I
> get "RtApiAlsa: overrun detected"
> I know it has something to do with sound but what is an overrun. Googled
> for
> an answer and found some underrun which also did not bring me any light on
> my
> problem.
> What are the causes for overrun and underrun with regard to Alsa?
> Can I avoid overrun? How? Where to start? (More memory is on the way if
> that
> would be the cause) Where to find more about overrun? kernel used
> 2.6.22.17-0.1-default. Desktop at the moment Blackbox.

Dipl.-Ing. Alexander Carôt
PhD Candidate
Email : Alexander@xxxxxxxx
Tel.: +49 (0)177 5719797