Re: Output sample rate

>> pcm.my_device
>
> Sorry, thought it would be understood that 'my_device' is the alsa alias
> (in my case the the name of the kernel module without the
> leading "snd-") for the hardware device in question (see your
> modules.conf file or whatever is proper for your distro). In my case I
> have 2 (hda-intel and hdsp), you'll need to use the proper one for your
> device. For instance if I want to deal with my hdsp device I use
> pcm.hdsp. The name of the plug device can be whatever you want, for
> clarity I use the alias + the sample rate, pcm.hdsp_44 for example. The
> plug doesn't usually show up in drop down boxes (at least not for me)
> so its name needs to be manually typed.

I changed my config like so and restarted alsasound with the same results:

.asoundrc:

pcm.usb-audio {
        type hw
        card 0
        }
pcm.usb-audio_44 {
        type plug
        slave {
                pcm usb-audio
                rate 44100
                }
        }

mpd.conf:

audio_output {
        type                    "alsa"
        name                    "USB Monica"
        device                  "usb_audio_44"
}

I also tried .asoundrc with usb_audio instead of usb-audio and mpd.conf with:

type "usb-audio_44"

Do you see the problem?

- Grant