ICH8 HDA not detected after upgrade from Ubuntu 7.10 to 8.04

I got the ASUS P5B mainboard with an Intel HDA compatible Soundchip (Analog Devices... AD 1988B afaik but I'm not realy sure about that). Under Ubunt 7.10 it works out of the box but I just recently updated to the new Ubuntu 8.04 where the card is no longer detected.

There are some post on the web about the problem, but most deal with issues, after you get details per 'head -n 1 /proc/asound/card0/codec*' or the like, but sine the card is not detected at all, i get no info from commands like that... see:

$ cat /proc/asound/cards
--- no soundcards ---

I installed the latest drivers from source, but it doesn't help. I also tried to update the kernel, etc. from the 'hardy-proposed' repository, still no luck.

Here's the output from the 'alsa-info.sh' script:
http://pastebin.ca/1028944

And here's my dmesg:
http://pastebin.ca/1028967

What should I do to get my card working again?