Re: Realtek ALC888

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 12 May 2008 09:56:16 -0400 (EDT)
> Von: "James" <bjlockie@xxxxxxxxx>
> An: "Dirk Tamme" <dirk.tamme@xxxxxx>
> Betreff: Re:  Realtek ALC888

> > Hi,
> > my PC /with Ubuntu 7.10) has a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L mainboard with
> > sound-chip Realtek ALC888.
> > I downloaded the driver from realtek.com.tw and installed following the
> > description given in
> > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=550753&page=11
> > The driver directory contains a subfolder alsa-lib*. When I perform the
> > "sudo ./configure" there, I get the following error:
> > conftest.c:10:28: error: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
> > configure:3932: $? = 1
> > configure: failed program was:
> > | /* confdefs.h.  */
> > I continued the installation, tested then (using GNOME) the sound
> > configuration, but I get the error msg "Konnte die Ressource nicht zum
> > Schreiben öffnen" (Could not open the ressource for writing).
> >
> > Google shows several entries concerning ALC888 for Linux, but I did not
> > find the solution, and so I ask for help.
> >
> > Dirk T.

> Use the hda-intel driver.
> The ALC888 is supported by ALSA, no need for the realtek driver.

Good idea. So, I start
sudo alsaconf
..choose the hda-intel driver, come to the end without error msg, then start (with GNOME)the test of the audio configuration, and get the error msg I mentioned above. What can be the reason for this msg? Which ressource cannot be opened for writing? How can I check my configuration?

Dirk T.