Re: Output redirected to input in Realtek ALC883

Try adding "model=6stack-dig" to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa (I think that's the correct file for Ubuntu - might be /etc/modprobe.d/options).  You will end up with a line that looks like:
options snd-hda-intel model=6stack-dig
If that doesn't fix the issue, then more development work is needed.

Tobin