Re: Input feedback on snd-hda-intel with SigmaTel STAC9221 A1

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 20:09:06 -0400
Andy Teijelo Pérez <ateijelo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, Roger, and Chris. The alsa lib didn't show up because the package in
> Debian is called libasound and didn't show up in dpkg -l | grep alsa,
> but it's 1.0.16 too:
>
> $ dpkg -l | grep asound
>
> libasound2            1.0.16-2
> libasound2-dev        1.0.16-2
>
> I'm attaching a screen hardcopy of my alsamixer in All View (run with
> "-V all") There you can see that I only have 16 controls and there's no
> Analog Loopback and that the top of the window shows it's alsamixer
> 1.0.16 running, just like alsamixer -h shows:
>
> AlsaMixer v1.0.16
> Usage: alsamixer [-h] [-c <card: 0...7>] [-D <mixer device>]...
>
> Thanks anyway, guys. I'll keep looking for help. Ask people you know,
> etc.
>
> Regards,
> Andy.

Hi Andy:

I hate to say this, but I have to give up.  I compared your drawing against
what I see on my version of the alsamixer, the only change being the
absense of the analog loopback sliders.  The only thing I can think of is
I bought my board last October, perhaps they have "improved" the design
since then and eliminated the feature!  I have run into that before.

There may be some what of specifying that control in the alsa .asoundrc
file, but that is currently beyond me.

Good luck.