Re: [alsa-devel] /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf :and file extention

> pcm.!default {
>          type    file
>          slave   {
>                  pcm     null
>          }
>          file    "/tmp/pcm.out"
> }

OK  - this goes to /etc/alsa.conf

> Exactly why you need that slave definition I'm not sure either, but it seems
> you do.

The file plugin requires the slave for its configuration and as the
timing source.  Using "null" is just to accept any config and feed the
data as fast as possible.  If you need to save the data as if it's
being played, use the kernel dummy driver as the slave.

OK, I compiled alsa-drivers with Dummy as one and only card and loaded it into the kernel:
# cat /proc/asound/card0/id
Dummy

Still no PCM in /tmp/pcm.out. I get following error messages though:
"(snd_determine_driver) could not open control for card 0"
"(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat returned error: No such file or directory"
"(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings"
"(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat returned error: No such file or directory"
"(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name"
"(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory"
"(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory"
"(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default"
"(_snd_pcm_plug_open) Unknown field hint"

Any clues?

Alexander Indenbaum