Playback on two devices

Hi

I am developing a linux-based embedded system which will require
simultaneous audio playback from different sources. The design is based
on a Freescale imx27ads board.

The system includes one sound card with two devices:

# aplay -l
card 0: PMICaudio [PMIC-audio], device 0: MXC [MXC]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PMICaudio [PMIC-audio], device 1: MXC [MXC]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

I can play two wav files using both devices at the same time:

# aplay -D hw:0,0 file1.wav &
# aplay -D hw:0,1 file2.wav

But both files are sent to Headset AND Line out. I would like know of
it's possible to have one file playing on one of the outputs, and one on
the other, so I actually have two independent stereo ouputs.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Salvador Sancha