channel volumes unlocks and moves unevenly on usb audio (Logitech Z-10)

Hi,

I recently installed Fedora 8 (alsa 1.0.15), I made sure the 2-channel volumes are locked for PCM so they move together; but as soon as I started to slide the volume bar, these two channels becomes unlocked and one volume would move up and other move in a slower pace or even in the opposite direction, becoming uneven. This problem does NOT exist in Fedora 6. So I wonder is this a known problem with usb audio? Is this a gnome GUI problem?

TIA.