Re: a52 plugin: mplayer get A/V-async

Johannes Bauer wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> there's another problem I encountered with the a52 plugin *sigh*... I
> have it setup so it does routing and then A52 encoding. Everything works
> beautifully using xmms. Some movies play just fine with mplayer. Others
> don't. I have no idea why.
>
> When a movie doesn't play, it shows weird behaviour: the video is
> playing *extremely* slowly, the audio plays just fine for about the
> first 100 seconds. Then mplayer gets so out of sync that it commits
> suicide in a way.

I think it is a problem with mplayer or alsa-lib, not with a52 plugin, because
I am able to reproduce a similar effect by just running dmix at 192 kHz 32 bit.
To do so, create ~/.asoundrc that contains just two lines:

defaults.pcm.dmix.rate 192000
defaults.pcm.dmix.format S32_LE

To troubleshoot, try also running mplayer with "-ao sdl".

--
Alexander E. Patrakov