Re: Alsa cannot record

Sorry for not including all the information in the
earlier email.

I have a Acer Aspire 5052NWXMi with
ATI SB450 HDA Audio card. I am using

unmae -a returns :
Linux my-laptop 2.6.22-14-generic #1 SMP Sun Oct 14
21:45:15 GMT 2007 x86_64 GNU/Linux

arecord -l gives :

**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 0: SB [HDA ATI SB], device 0: ALC883 Analog
[ALC883 Analog]
  Subdevices: 2/2
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
card 0: SB [HDA ATI SB], device 2: ALC883 Analog
[ALC883 Analog]
  Subdevices: 2/2
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  Subdevice #1: subdevice #1

I have installed standard alsa 1.0.14 distribution
that comes with kubuntu 7.10 In my alsamixer "CATUR"
option is selected and capture volume is full. I have
tried to record using front-mic as well as mic as the
input source. I can here myself on the speakers but I
cant record anything.

Is there any other information you want me to include
here ?

Thanks,
Alok

      Now you can chat without downloading messenger. Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php