Re: help with using rear connector as a separate channel

> I then tried the lines you suggested, got the same error. in any case
> I would still want to use the front channels to output music , while
> using the rear to conduct a phone call simultaneously.

What happens if you do something like this:

pcm.ch34 {
  bindings {
    0 0
    0 1
    0 2
    1 3
  }
}

Granted this will not do what you want (you'll get audio from both
devices played through all speakers) but if that *does* work, then all
you need to do is to figure out how to create silence channels when
you're upmixing to four speakers (I think there's a "policy" command for
something like this.)

Cheers,
Adam.