Re: I/O possible

I use "async I/O" by setting a callback with the function snd_async_add_pcm_handler
Maybe ALSA uses signals internally but i cannot imagine why SIGIO is delivered to my program
I merely use snd_async_add_pcm_handler and give as argument a function that writes data to the soundcard
with snd_pcm_writei, as described here
http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Asynchronous_Playback_%28Howto%29

On Jan 16, 2008 5:22 PM, Erik Slagter <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mihaela Vitalariu wrote:
> Well, i use async I/O because this is the way my program works, using
> callbacks,
> and i just can't disable it :(

Huh?

Normally, using asynchronous I/O, your program would do whatever it's
meant to do, then it would get SIGIO signals every now and then, and in
the signal handler, you would transfer the audio data from/to the audio
device.

If you're using async I/O I can't imagine how you'd do that without
using signals...