Re: Cannot open shared library libasound_module_pcm_empty.so

On Sunday 23 December 2007 14:35, Neil Bird wrote:
> > It's a bug in alsa-lib, which was already fixed in the recent version.
> > Try to install from HG repo.
>
>    From where?  I couldn't find anything with a quick google;  I'll try
> again in a bit.
>
>    I've run alsa-info.sh, FWIW:
>
> http://pastebin.ca/829760
>

>    I tried compiling up the latest alsa-lib & alsa-utils from the main
> site (1.0.15), but I'm still seeing the problem.  Do I also need to
> change anything kernel related, or did you mean an even later bleeding
> edge version?

Hi Neil.

As your alsa driver is 1.0.14, Id update it the latest one from.

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/alsa/snapshot/driver/

You will also need the kernel headers for your running kernel installed, and
also the kernel-devel package.

Just cd to where you dl'd the driver, unpack it, then cd to the unpacked
directory, and run as user.

./configure
make
and as root
make install

run as root, depmod -a , then either rmmod, and modprobe the alsa driver, or I
find it easier to just reboot if rmmod has a problem removing the alsa
driver.

Nigel.